QuickBooks offers an impressive series of features to manage business accounting. With an extended list of good features, one among them is its direct integration with Payroll. With QuickBooks Payroll, users can now easily manage business needs, taxes, payments, and many more.
Read This: How to Cancel Payroll Service in QuickBooks?
Sometimes, while trying to download Payroll Update or access the company file, you may encounter with an error message displayed on the screen. This error is common term as Error PS033.
When Error PS033 occurs on your screen, it may mean that the file in the CPS folder is damaged. This kind of error will cause you so many problems and you may also lose some of your important information and data. Hence, it is always important and advised to take quick precaution, when encountered with such errors.
This article aims to offer you with proper information about the causes of the error and also provide you with effective measures to take if you encounter with “PS033 error: QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files.”
One of the common reasons for Error PS 033 is when the CPS Folder contains a damaged file. As a result, the user is unable to download the latest payroll update and open the company file. Other reasons may include:
- Inactivated Payroll subscription
- Damaged QuickBooks Data
- You have not applied to the latest product update
- Used of incorrect Service Key
- The Identification Number (EIN) may be incorrect or invalid in the company file
- An incorrect or invalid PSID in the company file
- When QuickBooks Desktop is incompatible with the Windows Version
- Deactivated Payroll subscription
- Issue payment-related or not in use.
How can you fix the PS033 error: QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files?
Go through the given steps and carefully follow steps to fix Error PS033:
- To fix the error you can first attempt to update QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table. You can contact QuickBooks Support to receive proper a guide for updating Tax Table.
- Once the update is completed check whether the issue is solved or not. If the error still continues, follow the next step
- Locate your system location
- QB refers to the edition year like 2016, 2017, or 2018
- Rename the CPS folder to CPSOLDand verify whether the problem solved, if not
- Attempt to update the Payroll Tax Table again. Then see if the problem is solved if it still persists
- Attempt to disable the User Account Control (UAC). Follow the steps to do so:
These steps are applicable for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10
- Press on the Windows + R key on the keyboard
- Go to Run and enter Control Panel and then click on Ok
- Select the User Accounts
- Open Change in the User Account Control Settings
- Now, click on the Never Notify option
If the problem is not solved by following the given steps call us on Our QuickBooks 24/7 Technical Support Number 1800-865-4183.stating your problem or any other QuickBooks related query. You can also contact us via Quickbooks online Live Chat Support available on our Website.