QuickBooks is an accounting software that has benefitted many small and medium sized business owners to do their finances and keep their accounts up to date. However, like any other software, QuickBooks too has some issues at times. One such issue is QuickBooks Pos Invalid Product Number. It means the POS software refuses to open and shows a warning 176109 Invalid Product Number. This article will give you steps on how to rectify the issue. In case it still shows the same error it is advised that the user should contact the QuickBooks technical Helpdesk to resolve the issue.
This error occurs when a user is trying to open or register Point of Sale and it can be caused due to:
- Existence of damaged files in the Point of Sale folder
- Installation of an incorrect product code that has been used for Point of Sale
- Mistake in logging into windows not as an administrator
Steps to fix QuickBooks Pos Invalid Product Number:
For Windows 7 and Vista, Version 9 and 10
- The user should uninstall the Point of Sale
- Go to the Windows’ Start button, do a right click and open Windows Explorer.
- Click on Organize, from there choose the Folder and Search Options
- Then, click on the View tab and from there choose Show hidden files and folders and uncheck the box for Hide protected system operating files.
- A warning will appear, click Yes on that and then OK.
- Locate the C:\Program Data\Intuit\entitlement Client\v6.0\. For navigation click on the arrow sign that is assigned beside each folder.
- On the folder click right and choose Delete. Click on the option Yes and repeat the same process for all the files in folder of v6.0.
- Next download the file again
If the error occurs again, then on the Point of Sale run a repair installation that would verify the Product Number and License Number. This will give the user a chance to correct the Product and License Number if it has been entered wrong.
Next Open the Point of Sale and when prompted register.
Version 8 and older
- If the Point of Sale is running then close it.
- Download the 176125 repair tool and make sure as a user you are logged in as the administrator
- Save the file to the desktop
- On the desktop double click on POS176125.exe and select the Point of Sale version on the screen
- Start to register the Point of Sale when prompted.
In case the message of installing of Microsoft.NET framework is displayed for running the utility, the user can go to .NET framework to download and install it.
Like Windows 7 or Vista, similar steps are required to be followed but for locating the C:\Program Data\Intuit\entitlement Client\v6.0\. For navigation click on the (+) plus sign that is beside each folder.
Connect for help:
If these steps do not help in resolving the issue of QuickBooks Pos Invalid Product Number, do contact our QuickBooks POS Support by Intuit to troubleshoot the issue. Call on 1800-865-4183.