In QuickBooks, if you want to change your account from vendor to an employee, you have to fix
employee set up to an employee. QuickBooks offers assistance for altering an “Other Names”
category to a vendor, customer or employee. If you are already in the employee record which
you are about to change it, employees to vendor, then firstly delete the original the original employee record.
If the employee has transactions connected with the record, you should then change to inactive. Then, you can create a new vendor using the information from the employee record. In QuickBooks, use the name types to organize the people and businesses connected to the financial account of the business. Using the prerecorded functions, like employee and vendor, offers companies owners with reach to an automated processes, like payroll and payment
transactions with the QuickBooks system. If you have QuickBooks set up to use these roles, you may find at times that you need to change the name type linked with an organization.
Resolution for changing the Employees to vendors in QuickBooks
Solution I: Modify the name type, if two options are available
- Delete the existing name and generate again. This is helpful if no transactions available in
. Go to the location where the name currently exists
. Right-click the desired name and choose Delete.
- Mark the name inactive and generate again within appropriate name type. Use this
technique if there are separate transactions with the same name.
- Go to the file location
- Right-click the name, and choose inactively
- To Choose QuickBooks Enterprise or Not? for Small Businesses
Solution II: Follow the steps to create the Vendor Record
- Press “Employees” menu and choose “Employees Centre”
- Under Vendor, right-click the Employee tab and choose “Delete”/ Put it to Inactive
- Press “Vendors” in the menu and then “Vendor Centre” or you can either, click the “Vendor” icon
- Press “new Vendor”
- In the vendor name box, mention the required details like name, currency, and balance
field from the earlier employee record.
- Press the “Address Info” and choose “Additional Info”. Mention all the required
information as per the need and consisting of optional default expense account and then
press “OK”. Close the new vendor tab after the information is saved
- Common Sales Tax Issues with QuickBooks
Solution III: Change Employee Transaction
Read This: QuickBooks 24 Hour Customer Service
- Press “Employees”> then choose “Employee Centre”> Choose “Employees”> and then Select the original Employee file to see all the transactions correlated with the said account.
- Double-click in each and every transaction that you desire to convert it to the vendor
- Modify to new vendor name from employee name ‘> click “Click'”> Complete the entire
procedure > Click okay. If you change all the employees transactions to Vendor as
required, you can remove the employees if you want.
Additional support from AskforAccounting.com for your QuickBooks product
Hope the above article proved useful to you but in case you still want to know more you can connect with our 24/7 experienced QuickBooks Staff for Support. We are a handful of customer service agent who provides the best services for your QuickBooks product at a very limited time.
To connect with our technical personals you can try various means of communication channel like, you can directly call at our helpline number +1800-865-4183 which is available for you 24×7 either you can drop a mail at our official mail ID “email@example.com” also you can connect
via “Chat Help for QuickBooks“.