When opening to organizational file, most of the users encounter Quickbooks Error code -6000, -77, which creates hurdle in the work environment. This is an error that can happen when trying to open an organizational file. The 6000,- 77 can occur due to several reasons like error text can also be encountered while installing software, while you are working in Intuit Inc-associated software like QuickBooks, some junk file generated at the time of Windows startup or closing, or may be when installation of the Windows operating system.
Possible reasons for 6000 77 Error:
- The company file is positioned on external media and not in a local and network drive
- When you are trying to start QuickBooks organizational file by referencing a recorder drive
- Anti-virus security software might also create a constraint in interface while working in QuickBooks in multi-user type
- Incorrect folder permission in which the organizational file is located
Resolution: To solve QuickBooks errors -6000,-77
Solution I: Download & “Restart the QuickBooks file Doctor”
To fix the errorcode -6000, -77& to fix the data file on your network with the aid of using or opening the downloading processes QuickBooks File Doctor is vital.
Solution II: Rename the .TLG files and .ND files
.ND and .TLG is an arrangement file that permits QuickBooks Desktop to operate the organizational files on a network in a multi-user approach. Damaged or crushed .ND or .TLG files can generate errors when opening QuickBooks Desktop. Renaming these files will keep your files protected since these are automatically regenerated when you open the organizational file.
- Open the folder where the company file is located
- Verify if there is another file with the same file name as your organizational file by using extensions .ND and .TLG
- Right-click the .ND/.TLG file and then choose Rename from the list. After that, put the word “.old” after the file extension and click enter
Solution III: Instead of the mapped drive, use UNC path
- Right-click in the QuickBooks icon, press Ctrl key+ Run as Administrator. Keep on holding the Ctrl key until the company file appears in the
- Go to File menu > choose Restore Company or Open > Open an organizational file > and click Next.
- In the left side of the panel, press Network, and navigate to the folder location of company> Choose the organizational file and press Open
Solution IV: Regenerate corrupted folder
- Generate a fresh folder on the C drive
- Open the folder from the location where the organizational file is kept
- Position the .qbw file. For Example: company_file.qbw
- Right-click on the .qbw file and choose Copy
- Paste the file after Opening the new folder
- Configure the access to multiple users within the company
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and from the new location, open the company files
Contact for further information:
Hope this article proved helpful for you to restore the error incorporated with QuickBooks error code -6000,-77 when opening a company file. But if you still yearning for more information and instantaneous support for QuickBooks errors, then you can straight away connect with our technical professional. The experts involved are knowledgeable and highly skilled in any issues encountered in accounting software.
They have the capacity to assist the users and provide the best solution for every single query, doubt, and errors. Also, these experts will offer you the best elucidations needed to resolve the error. To get in touch with our technical member you can undertake various medium. Either you can directly call at our askforaccounting.com helpline number 1800-865-4183 or you can connect via QuickBooks online chat support or Live Chat Support.